KODO MILLET RICE, UNPOLISHED ( कोद्रा KODEN / KODRA / ARIKELU / HARKA )
The common name of Kodo millet in Indian languages.
- Bengali: Kodo
- Gujarati: Kodra (कोद्रा)
- Hindi: Kodon
- Kannada: Harka
- Marathi: Kodra (कोद्रा)
- Oriya: Kodua
- Punjabi: Kodra (कोद्रा)
- Tamil: Varagu
- Telugu: Arikelu, Arika
Nutritional Value (per 100 gms)
- Calories (KCal) 309
- Protein (g) 8.3
- Fat (g) 3.6
- Fiber (g) 9
- Iron (mg) 0.5
- Calcium (mg) 27
- Minerals (g) 2.6
Health benefits of Kodo millet
- Highly nutritious and rich in Vitamin B, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, etc.
- Excellent source of protein and fiber.
- Gluten-free and low Glycemic Index (GI), making them suitable for diabetics.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Kodo Millet is beneficial for postmenopausal women Prevents constipation.
- Strengthens the nervous system, as it contains a high amount of Lecithin
- Useful in the treatment of inflammation and, hemorrhages.
Kodo millet is one among the 5 positive millets, as recommended by Dr. Khader vali